Organised by Antonia da Silva Teixeira and a group of dedicated volunteers the ball took place on the 21st of May at the former home of King Louis XIV, the spectacular Chateau de Versailles to raise funds for UNICEF, Street Child and Lewa Wildlife Conservancy.
The ball finally took place two years later than scheduled but the wait for the over 1000 privileged guests from all around the world was well worth it. The Ball commemorated the 1855 visit of Her Majesty Queen Victoria and HRH Prince Albert to Emperor Napoleon III and Empress Eugenie and was hosted by Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Jean Christophe Napoleon and the British Ambassador to France, Dame Menna Rawlings.
The guests arrived at 6.30 pm and were invited to a private tour of the palace. At the Hall of Mirrors, they were welcomed by a pair of very talented violinists. After the brief concert, the guests strolled through the gardens toward the Orangerie where the gala dinner and the ball took place.
A performance by the Paris & District Pipe band followed by fireworks took place after the splendid dinner and then the guests participated in the Scottish Reeling and danced until close to 4 am.
A most unforgettable evening in one of the most stunning historical European settings for three worthy causes. A great success for Antonia da Silva Teixeira and her dedicated team.
Donations for the worthy causes supported by the ball are welcome. Please visit:
1. Sir Andrew Cook, Lady Cook, HRH Prince Idris Al-Senussi of Libya, HRH Princess Ana Maria of Libya, Their Imperial Highnesses Prince Jean Christophe Napoleon, the Count of Mondaye, HRH Prince Khaled Al-Senussi of Libya
2. The Duke and Duchess of Fife
3. HRH Princess Zita of Bourbon-Parme
4. HRH The Prince of Tirnovo and Clara Marz
5. The Marquess of Reading and the Count of Mondaye
6. HRH Princess Ana Maria of Libya, HE Dame Menna Rawlings and HRH Prince Idris of Libya
7. The spectacular Hall of Mirrors
8. Francois & Maria Gosse
9. Assia Medaouri